Friday, May 06, 2005

This is the Farthest North I've ever been


Picture of the Day 05-06-05
So last weekend I went to the White Sox game with Lenny and Alan. The trip up was pretty fast. I had never seen offensive driving until I saw it in Chicago. It was little crazy for me, I think I would of hit someone by now if I drove like that in Chicago. We got to the game and of course I decided to leave my hoody in the car since Lenny went in short sleeves and Alan had on basically what I had. It was so cold all night. We froze pretty much the whole time. Before the game we met up with the U of I WhiteSox nation for a pregame bbq. They made a sign for the game that said to put us on tv and it had some of the sox anouncer's catch phrases on there. They actually put us on tv. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll put a picture up of us on tv. The renovated Comisky looked really nice. We had seats in the right field bleachers. Great seats for the price. It was a different brand of baseball then I was used to. There weren't that many people there and it was a Friday night game when the Sox have the best record in baseball. Nothing like how many people show up for a Cards game at Busch. Lets just say that at least 30,000 fans at Comisky that night were dressed up as empty seats. The game was pretty good though. Close tight game all the way til the end. Another thing that got to me though was the DH. Watching the game just made me despise the DH even more. I mean the DH is like half a man, he can hit but is such a hinderence in the field that they made a special position just for him. Anyways, the game. The Sox came back in the ninth to tie it up but couldn't hit in the go ahead run and ended up losing in extra innings.

My dork or Lover in the Hotub (in Will Ferrell voice):
I really missed talking to Kimmy cause last weekend she was gone and I never got ahold of her to have a converastion. She actually said she might not go to Europe this summer just so she can spend time with me. That would be so great but I'm not sure she'll stay here because she doesn't want to regret missing this trip. Whatever happens I hope she makes the right choice. I got to talk to her a lot this week and it was great, I can't wait to see her this summer.

Aren't I Boring News:
Most of what happened this week that I might put in here was boring or I forgot. Sorry bout that.

Rolled Up Aces Over Kings News:
No news on my bankroll it's stayed in place for the most part. But I've been playing a lot here at IT this week. Been having a blast and winning a little cash too. Yesterday we tried playing a H.O.R.S.E. tourney. The way we did it was play a tournament of each of the following games: Hold em, Omaha, Razz, Seven card stud, and Eight and below omaha. We had decent sized tournaments for Hold em and Omaha. The Razz and Stud tournaments were only 4 people and for a dollar though. And the Eight and below tournament was just me and Matt. I had fun though and enjoyed the games, just not some of the guys bad play that beat me a few times.

Finally, it's almost over:
All my classes are done and now all I have left is finals. Some are gonna be tough but my grades should be much better this semester. I still need to work a lot this week, but I'm going to do it.

Quote of the Day: "Monroe, Monroe, where's MAGG-LIO" - this was one of the chants shouted throughout the night. WE were shouting this at the right fielder Monroe who was replacing the former Sox player Magglio Ordonez
Song of the Day: "Let It Be" by the Beatles. I'm listening to it now and it is such an amazing song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home