Friday, April 01, 2005

I L L....I N I


Picture of the Day 04-01-05
This is a picture of one of Deron Williams huge threes in overtime last week. The game was an Elite Eight game vs a very good Arizona team. With 4:08 left, we were somehow down 15 after keeping the game close up until a few minutes earlier. Then something amazing happened, we went on a crazy run and forced overtime. In overtime, Deron was huge. He and the Illini pulled out the win by one. The Illini are now in the Final Four in St. Louis. They play Louisville tommorrow night, should be a tough but great game. I can't wait. If we win we play in the final game against the winner of the Michigan State-North Carolina game. Also, I won the $1 bracket I'm in, I won $15. I could win Dixon's $10 bracket if the Illini win and so does Michigan State. I would still get money though if at least Illinois wins it all, but if UNC wins it all then I actually don't get anything. We'll see what happens but all I can say is Go Big Ten and GO ILLINI.

You Might Be Asking Yourself,
Doug why are you posting again the day after your first post in forever? You don't want to get ahead of yourself do you? Well Kimmy has made a few posts in her blog and said in the last post how she hope that would get me to post (that girl can't get enough of me, lol). So I'm gonna try in get in the habit of making posts so I stay updated and don't forget so much and I figure she'll update hers more this way too.

24:
What's happened in the past 24 hours? Well last night I talked to Kimmy a bit. I also played some poker with the guys, over the whole day (I played early in the afternoon and at night) I was up about $30, so I played well. Then I kinda had nothing to do for a bit and played a little on ub. Then I had a little to drink and watched a few movies cause my room was occupied. Sean and Lenny came out at times and watched too and shot the shit so to speak. Karen from across the hall came by and we had had an odd conversation. After all that I had a conversation with Elleni just before I went to bed. I really enjoyed and it was good to see her happier than she had been earlier in the day. This morning I hear my alarm go off at 8 after going to bed around 4:40. Hit the snooze, decided to skip my 9 AM and went back. Woke up at like 10:15, realized I just missed Kim before her class. I got ready and got some lunch and then I went to class. ECE was same old same old, then me, Dave, and Joe went to the TAM help room to get help on a homework problem which ended up being easy. It was hilarious though cause most of the time they were just blowing up ballons that our TAM prof gave us in lecture to demonstrate something. Everyone in the room was working hard and we were laughing at each other as we were blowing up balloons. Went to TAM lecture at 2 and realized that he was doing stuff we already did so I just left and have been chilling here since then.

Quotes of the Day: "You think April's to early for a Roger Dorn Night?"
"Well he's gonna walk Beck to pitch to Parkman obviously Taylor's thinking... I don't know WHAT the hell he's thinking. "
"Cerrano led the league in home runs, rbi's, and total bladness"
All those are there cause one of the movies I watched last night was Major League
Song of the Day: "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash - I listened to there whole first cd today and remembered how great that whole cd actually is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home