Thursday, August 19, 2004

I'm in the Bonus Money


Picture of the Day 08-20-04 - I'm in the Bonus Money

I won my first poker tournament that had more than 15 people in it. It was a 2500 person freeroll on ultimate bet. I played for 5 hours. I didn't make too many mistakes and I lmade some great lay downs, including laying down a set of 10's on the flop because I made a great read on a guy who had a flush. For winning, I got $115 bonus dollars which can convert to that money if I play enough hands for real money on their site.

What Up:
Today I am going to open a bank account at Commerce Bank because I finally closed my account at the shitty Union Planters. Going out to dinner with the family tonight for Little Curt's b-day. I need to start packing over the next few days and then I leave for school on Sunday. Right now, I'm in first place of another 2500 person tournament but the top 50 all get the same prize. I just plan on hanging around in that tournament til I get my prize.

Adventures With (not really) Disposable Income:
Here is some of the stuff I recently wasted money and some stuff that's kinda cool. MP3s of the BNL concert that I went to a few weeks ago. I also have a nice set of cheap fake clay poker chips and some felt that came with it. My biggest mistake was going to Best Buy to "just" get Kill Bill volume 2. I ended up walking out with: Kill Bill volume 2, Jackie Brown, X-Men 1 and 2 (I bought this cause I thought it was only $20, but when I got to the register I realized I misread it and it was $30), Bad News Bears, SNL Best of Will Ferrel, and Swordfish. I also just got a new Illini hat and a cool new blue,grey, and white Cardinals hat. And after that, I was near broke. But I got the moeny from my Union Planters account, so now I'm not broke.

Quote of the Day: "Finally back at school...time to start the 10 days of drunken madness." - Voels, in his profile.
Song of the Day: "Welcome Back" by Ma$e not just cause mo money, mo problems, but because I make my money without the coka, I'm livin la vida without the loca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home