Thursday, August 05, 2004


Picture of the Day 08-05-04 - HELLO ST. LOUIS!
The concert poster doesn't do the show any justice. Oh yeah and this is gonna be a long post so be prepared.

In five guys who aren't naked news:
I saw the Barenaked Ladies last night at Riverport, or as the man calls it, UMB bank pavillion. Me, Brandon, Jim, Kristin, and Tony all went in the same car with Tony driving. It rained really bad the way up there and before most of the show. Being prepared for only "Scattered Showers" we got soaked. Even my soaks were completely wet. When we got there an usher saidthat even though we had lawn seats we could sit in any of the last 5 rows so we got some decent seats and waited for awhile. We waited with it pouring down rain cause we were already soaked. They played crappy background music as we waited. Then the opening act was a solo guitarist, I forgot his name. He was pretty good and said some funny stuff in between. Then there was a quick break to set up the stage for the next act. I didn't see a big bottomed bass so I knew Alanis was going to open which was a double edged sword. I had to wait for BNL but at least the concert would end on a great note. So Alanis played her set. I'm not really an Alanis fan and I know of some of her songs but I didn't really know any of the words. She played a decent set and for one song BNL came out and sand with her. But she really did nothing besides just singing and playing guitar or harmonica. She didn't really talk to the audience or anything that would make you come to another concert of hers instead of just buying a live cd of hers. Then after her set we had to wait for what seemed like forever for them to set up the stage and the instuments. Then BNL came out and I was pumped. Here's the Set list:
Brian Wilson
Some Fantastic
Maybe Katie
Life In a Nutshell
Unfinished

Acoustic:
It's Only Me (Wizard of Magicland)
For You
One Week

Pinch Me
Old Apartment
Skinhead (unrealesed song and the last time they said they played it was in 92)
Just A Toy
Grade Nine ("They called me sir")
It's All Been Done
Shopping

Encore:
What a Good Boy
Million Dollars (Alanis came out and played acordian)

2nd Encore:
Alcohol


All the songs were great but I really enjoyed hearing Grade Nine and Million Dollars. Also, the was some funny adlib songs like one about bottles of pee and one about BBQ. Also they gave a review of The Village, it was bad. The said their was a suprise twist about 3/4 through and spoiled it: "About 3/4 of the way through, it turned into a shitty movie." During Shopping they had this really elaborite like dance thing that was absolutely hilarious. I can't wait to buy the show off their site. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I called random people on my cell and let them listen to a song during the concert. I think I got mostly voicemails, but hopefully I'll hear from some people about it.

In Party Down news:
Kristin had what was supposed to be a huge party on Saturday. Like 50 people were supposed to come but a bunch of people were liars or just never showed. Me, Jim, and Kristin went to WalMart before the party to get supplies and then I went back to Kristin's to help prepare for the party. At the party we played poker and I won $15, Kristin actually did really good and got 2nd. I found out the her brother also plays poker so thats another potential player. We sent two people on a random scavenger hunt which was funny for me and Kristin but not for anyone else. It was fun hanging out with everyone and talking.

In Rounding News:
I had a poker night sometime in the past week, can't remember when made a little bit. Overall summer total is $64.

What Up:
I'm supposed to help Tony pack for Colorado on Friday. Also, might be going to the Cardinals game on Sunday. Matt, Amy, and nephew are visiting this weekend. Not much else, still want to see "Manchurian Canidate" and "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle."

Quote of the Day: "When it did it, it was" - Me at Kristin's party making no sense to anyone except me
Song of the Day: "Grade Nine" by Barenaked Ladies, how can I something other than BNL after that kickass concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home