Saturday, July 10, 2004

Poker games and other stuff


Picture of the Day 07-10-04 Poker games and other stuff

Previous Escapades:
On Wednesday, I went to Sarah's softball game and watched with the rest of the family. Had lots of fun talking with everyone and then playing catch with Adam. Sarah didn't do to well in the game but that didn't really matter. Lets see, poker night was Thursday. Ended up having about 12 people come. There were 5 people in the money game. I lost most of my chips on a bad beat. I flopped two pair and Greg had an inside straight draw. He bet and then I raised for at least 1/3 of his chips (and he was in a solid second place) and he called and of course caught his straight. The rest of the night was fun though. I went over to the non-money game and had some fun. And after most of the people left, there was a chip fight where chips were thrown, batted, and aimed at targets. Chips were everywhere. On Friday I cleaned up downstairs to get ready for Matt, Amy, and Thomas to come visit. When they got here, me and Matt finished painting everything.

What Up:
Matt, Amy, and Thomas are staying til tommorrow, I'll probably do stuff with them til then. Uhhh, Casey and Heather's BBQ is next weekend or the one after, I think. Not much else up as far as I know.

In the Movie Corner:
The Hustler was a decent movie. It was all in black and white which I didn't mind. The begining and end were the only real parts with pool in it. The movie was a little unusual but still ok. I give it a 4 out 7 stars.

Fantasy news:
I'm in first place in my Sporting News league, which is the only one that I check regularly. I'm fading in my yahoo leagues and this is usually the time where I don't care anymore and just give up.

TWIB will be postponed to see how superstitious I am.

Quote of the Day: "What are ya crazy" - Christopher Walken in Poolhall Junkies (the words just don't give this quote justice)
Song of the Day: Boys of Summer" (the Original) by Don Henley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home