Friday, October 22, 2004

Web Jim


Picture of the Day 10-22-04 Web Jim

Well, this is a picture of Jim Edmonds making a game saving catch. The Cardinals won game 7 of the NLCS and are going to the World Series. The game was great I was tense the whole time and ran down the hallway after the win and the Rolen homerun. Now we play Boston who somehow came back down 3-0 to win 4 in a row against the Yankees. It should be a great series.

In World Series Ticket Hunting:
Well I ranted in my last post, so here's what ended up happening. Alan ended up coming with me and I ended up getting a ride to St. Louis. We made it to Busch to camp out. The line there was huge. It looked like 10,000 people were there for 2500 bracelets to buy tickets. We waited in line anyways. We didn't realize til later, but we even cut in line, but it was at the back. We waited for 3 hours in line and were told that they only had 300 bracelets left. By then we had only made it halfway through the line and the said there were about 1500 people ahead of us. We gave up and went back to my house ready to wake up at 8 the next day and call in for tickets. We called on four phones for 2 hours non-stop. I had a phone and each hand and got used to the same voice saying, "I'm sorry but all lines are busy." So the only thing left was internet tickets. I got an email saying that I didn't get them and a few people I had sign up said they got the same thing. When I left for Busch to camp out, I figured that no one got tickets put I left up an away message to call my cell if they got tickets. No one called. I thought that was a longshot after awhile anyways so no big deal. Well, when I got back Saturday night, I talked to Dixon. He said that he got an email saying that he got tickets but he didn't check his email before the deadline to buy tickets. I was pissed. I did all that to get tickets and actually had them right in front of me but just couldn't get them. I still don't have tickets but right now it's so great to see the Cardinals in the World Series that it doesn't matter.

In Rolled Up Aces Over Kings News:
Bad beats and bad moves have hurt me in some big pots. Down to $129 profit for the semester. I really need to go back to Carr ground and get in the game over there. It's bigger stakes and if get some cards, I think I could have a big night, maybe even break the half century mark in a night. We'll see.

Quote of the Day: "If the Cardinals win the World Series before Halloween, I'm gonna dress up in all my Cardinals stuff and my costume will be 'The Cubs Worst Nightmare'." - Me
Song of the Day: "Deck the Stills" by Barenaked Ladies - I just got their new Christmas cd in the mail. This song is like the halls except all the sing is the names Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. Hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home